Firm Already Polling Special Election for State Senate
The Jacksonville Observer has recieved information from a reliable source that a polling firms is already testing possible names in a likely State Senate special election to fill Jim King's seat. King recently passed away after a battle with cancer.
Senator King's memorial services are still a few days away, but it seems that politics can't wait for some.
The reader who tipped us about this poll was quick thinking enough to jot down the questions as they were asked. The polling firm was identified by our reader as FE&A Research.
Following are the questions that are apparently being tested:
1. I would like to speak with the youngest female voter registered as a Republican.
2. Do you vote? Always, some of the time, never - etc
3. Do you vote by going to the polls on election day, early voting or absentee voting?
4. Is the state moving in the right direction or wrong direction?
5. What kind of job is Gov Charlie Crist doing - excellent - good - not so good - poor?
6. Let me read off some names - respond if you have favorate, unfavorable, or no opinion...
a. John Thrasher
b. Dan Quiggle
c. Linda King
d. Stan Jordan
e. Art Graham
f. Aaron Bean
g. Charlie Crist
7. If you had a choice on the ballot between these two names who would you choose?
a. Linda King
b. John Thrasher
8. It is likely there will be a special election held to fill the Senate District 8 seat - I am going to give you a description of these people - who would you vote for?
a. Former State Rep. Aaron Bean
b. Jacksonville City Councilman Art Graham
c. School Board member and former State Rep. Stan Jordan
d. Widow of Jim King - Linda King
e. Businessman Dan Quiggle
f. Former Speaker of the House John Thrasher
9. Are you employed outside the home?
10. Age bracket?
11. Any children under age 18 living in the home?