Most City Offices Closed
Most city government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day.
Sept. 7 Closures include:
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St.
- Duval County Courthouse, 330 E. Bay St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Planning and Development Department administrative offices, 128 E. Forsyth St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services Mandarin Adoption Center, 10503-19 San Jose Blvd.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 851 N. Market St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Jacksonville Children’s Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Behavioral and Human Services Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Drive
- Right-of-Way and Grounds Maintenance administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Road
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
Jacksonville Public Library
The Jacksonville Public Library (Main Library and branches) will be closed on Sunday, Sept. 6 and Monday, Sept. 7.
Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling Collection
Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected as usual on Monday, Sept. 7. The Trail Ridge Landfill, located at 5110 U.S. Highway 301, will maintain normal operating hours.
Kids Kampus, and the Splash Water Park, 1410 Gator Bowl Blvd., is open daily from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. beginning Saturday, May 24 (Memorial Day weekend) through Monday, Sept. 7 (Labor Day weekend).
Labor Day is the final day the 33 outdoor city pools will be open. The pool hours are 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
The Cecil Aquatics Center, an indoor pool facility open year-round, will be open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Labor Day. However, the gymnasium and fitness center will be closed.
All three city tennis complexes—Southside Park Tennis Complex, 1541 Hendricks Ave.; Boone Park Tennis Complex, 3700 Park St.; and Clanzel T. Brown Park Tennis Complex, 4575 Moncrief Road—will be open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.